This is the day(s) you spend with the person that has made you the Honorary Person of the month, your son or daughter.
When was the last time you made your kids feel special? Try these fun activities that promote giggles, play time, imagination and, most importantly, father-child(ren) bonding.
Tips & Activities for You and Your Child(ren):
Adult Children: (Set ground rules – NO TALKING ABOUT MONEY! 🙂
Let them pick, an activity so they will be more engaged.
- *Go for a conversational walk. Talk, Walk & Listen. Even Adult children need your Love and attention.
- Repair or Renovate something together
- Watch sports
- Go on a walking tour of your city or nearby town
- Go on a walking food tour
- Cook a meal together
- Go to a movie
- Take a cooking class
- Take a hike
- Rent bikes
- Go wine tasting
- Visit a brewery
- Visit a distillery
- Go to a game
Source: Adventures of Empty Nesters
Elementary and Teenage Children
- Finger paint pictures or boxes to increase creativity.
- Play board games,
- Play Outside games like “Mother (or Father) May I,” hopscotch or freeze tag or create your own game.
- Give piggy-back, horsey or airplane rides. (Weight permitting)
- Dress up using old clothes or costumes or create your own with duct tape, plastic bags or toilet paper.
- Pretend to be spies and sneak around the house. You can also make security “lasers” with tape and some string or yarn to pass through undetected.
- Run in the sprinklers.
- Make your own music video.
- Write and put on a play. Either make costumes or puppets to perform your masterpiece.
- Take household items like the cardboard from paper towel rolls, boxes, scrap paper, foil, cotton swabs and other items to build robots, monsters, animals or other characters.
- Make boats out of Popsicle sticks and then have a boat race.
- Eat dinner with your hands tied together.
- Make cookies or another snack to share. You could even doorbell ditch the neighbors and leave them a special treat!
- If you have a fire pit, roast marshmallows and make s’mores.
- Remember pretending the floor was hot lava or shark infested waters? Your kids will love that.
- Have relay, three-legged or other kinds of races in the backyard or at the park.
- Have a bubble gum blowing contest.
- Create an obstacle course and see who can make it through the fastest.
- Make dinner together.
Dads, next time you’re solely in charge, don’t just turn on a movie or set the children up on video games or electronic devices. Bring out your inner child and play with your children